Germany...


Friday, June 16, 2006



Subs turned match says Klinsmann

Germany coach Juergen Klinsmann praised the contribution of substitutes Oliver Neuville and David Odonkor after the World Cup hosts beat 10-man Poland 1-0. Odonkor crossed for Neuville to score in stoppage time, giving Germany a victory that moved them top of Group A.
Klinsmann said: "We wanted to bring more speed into the match and both substitutes are fast - they brought some life to the match." Neuville added: "Clearly, I was a bit lucky but I think it was well earned."
It was Germany's first tournament win over European opposition since beating Czech Republic in the Euro 96 final.
"These are very special moments, also for the coach," said Klinsmann, who was a member of the German team that beat the Czechs 2-1 in extra-time at Wembley. When everything comes together like this it's like a big burst, one feels the emotion of the players."
Odonkor added: "I can't even describe the feeling it's so incredible - I'm happy Olli scored and we won the game. I'm thrilled I got to play for half an hour. It's a great feeling."

Posted by Samvit :: 1:03 AM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------